I anticipate today to be just as exhausting and invigoration as yesterday…times two. As Wycliffe USA’s triennial Delegate Conference continues we will:
- Hear a report from Brady Anderson, the Chair of the Board
- Elect 6 board members from career candidates
- Spend a good bit of time using the World Cafe model for a conversation asking whether or not there is a better way to achieve some specific goals of accountability and relationship than we currently employ.
- Worship through music — lead once again by Trevor and Co.
- Hear teaching/preaching from Brenda Salter McNeil (photo) who arrived yesterday mid-afternoon — I have so much to learn from this woman who demonstrates the generosity of spirit and inclusivity of grace which only comes from God in such practical ways!
- Hear a personal story of YES! from Jennifer Perez
- Receive a report on Recruitment & Retention
With minimal time to reflect on the details of yesterday, I can still enthusiastically declare that God’s faithfulness to His character and promises and His unmerited grace extended to those who ask was evident in our midst.
Isaac Hunter is a giften an anointed teacher. Period. I look forward to having time to chew over what he taught sometime after the DelCon10 dust clears.
For those of you who pray for me, thank you for your prayers already. Some of you are aware that I’m leading the “World Cafe” conversation this morning. I’ll tell you that I am both really well prepared and feeling the nervous about that session. There are so many unpredictable variables to this thing…and I’m a bit of a newbie at this particular model. Asking God to not let my self-consciousness (built too much on the foundation of independence and ego) to get in the way — I don’t want ME to be a distraction. I want, instead, to stand firmly on who HE is. (Applying Isaac’s teaching this morning.) Even as I intentionally speak God’s truth to myself this morning, I’m thankful for some of you who will pray that I will listen.