Inspired by the 1000 Gifts list for May…
May 2: 3 GIFTS FLAT
- the flat bread that combined with provolone and spinach leaves for a pretty delicious and rather flat sandwich
- Divertimenti No. 15 in F flat major by Mozart
- blank paper and an invitation to fill it
May 3: 3 GIFTS FOUND IN DIFFICULT PEOPLE
It doesn’t seem appropriate to list difficult people here, or to give enough detail aboun unnamed difficult people that you might be able to figure it out. So…this may not make any sense to anyone but me. I’m okay with that.
- creating necessity for finding alternative ways to doing something that needs to be done
- offering opportunity to see things from a perspective that I’d otherwise never consider
- the delight of being surprised when you get beyond the cranky facade and find a person
May 4: 3 GIFTS BEFORE 9 AM
- waking up without the nudge of an alarm
- Ann Curry’s honorable telling of the story of oil and Ecuador
I didn’t stay up last night to watch Rock Center with Brian Williams, trusting that NBC would share the video segment I wanted to see online. I was correct in my assumption and watched it this morning. There is so much more to this story and, like any story that arises out of controversy, you’ll find many who passionately tell skewed versions of it.
- bright green spinach, bright orange carrots, onion and garlic, and eggs — scrambled and cooked to perfection
Saturday morning is a perfect time to make the breakfast that takes a bit more time to assemble. I’m on a crazy veggie egg scramble kick lately. Yum!